Well, its Thursday which means its basically Friday and this Carolina heat isn’t cooling down anytime soon. So let us help! Today we’re sharing some delicious summer drink recipes that are sure to keep you cool and refreshed!
TOASTED FROZEN COCONUT MOJITO
Toasted Frozen Coconut Mojito is a summer must have! Made lighter with fresh lime juice, a homemade mint simple syrup and then blended with coconut milk for a refreshing cocktail that you won’t have troubles asking for seconds!
Mint Simple Syrup:
1/2 cup baking stevia
1 cup water
1/2 cup mint leaves
6 ounces white rum
2 cups Silk Nutchello Toasted Coconut & Cashew Milk (or canned light coconut milk if you cannot find Nutchello)
Juice of 2 Limes
2 cups ice (or more to reach desired consistency)
Garnish, Handful of mint leaves
Toasted Coconut flakes, if desired
1.) Mint Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, add Truvia, 1 cup water add mint leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let cook for 10 minutes. Strain mint and reserve simple syrup.
Add to a container and let cool for a few hours, or until ready to serve. Or place in freezer for 10-15 to get cold. But don’t let it freeze!
2.) When ready to serve, add the rum, milk, juice of limes, reserved mint simple syrup and ice to a high powered blender.
3.) Divide frozen mojito to four cocktail glasses. Garnish with mint leaves and toasted coconut flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.
Thanks to withsaltandwit.com for this awesome recipe!
PEACH WINE SLUSHIES
- 5 cups frozen peaches
- 2 1/2 cups white or rosé wine (See Notes)
- Fresh peaches, for garnishing
Add the frozen peaches and wine to a blender. Blend until the mixture is puréed.
Pour the slushies into glasses, garnish with fresh peaches and serve immediately.
Use any variety of white or rosé wine. My favorite is a light and crisp pinot grigio, but chardonnay or sauvignon blanc will also work well.
For thicker slushies, reduce the wine to 1 1/2 cups.
Big thanks to www.justataste.com for sharing this recipe!
Watermelon & Cucumber Mojitos
- 1 seedless watermelon pureed
- 1/2 English cucumber pureed
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup mint muddled
- 8 oz vodka chilled
- 1 large bottle sparkling water chilled (I prefer PC brand, San Pellegrino or Perrier)
- ice cubes
Using a blender or juicer, puree watermelon and cucumber together. Strain using a fine mesh sieve if using a blender to remove pulp and set juice aside (preferably in the fridge to chill).
Juice limes, then muddle with mint using a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one. Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
Add juice to large pitcher, then vodka and bottle of sparkling water.
Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Thanks to thegirlonbloor.com for this one!
Sparkling Honey Limeade
- 1 liter club soda or sparkling water, chilled
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey (preferably light colored)
- Fresh mint (optional)
In a pitcher whisk together 1/2 cup water and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Pour in honey and mix until well blended. Stir in lime juice. Pour in club soda or sparkling water and stir once. Add in ice and mint.
Thank you www.cookingclassy.com for this one!
Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch
- 3 tablespoons COUNTRY TIME LEMONADE STARTER LIQUID DRINK MIX, mixed with 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons KOOL-AID TROPICAL PUNCH LIQUID DRINK MIX, mixed with 2 cups water
- 1 can (about 12 ounces) lemon-lime soda (Sprite, 7-Up, etc.; diet okay)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fruit, diced small (I used strawberries, pineapple, mango, and orange slices; frozen okay)
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup coconut rum (Malibu or similar)
- 1/2 cup peach or pineapple schnapps
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy or triple sec
- ice, for serving
- To a large pitcher or bowl, add the lemonade drink mix, 2 cups water, the tropical punch drink mix, 2 cups water, and stir to combine.
- Add the lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, orange juice, diced fruit, and stir to combine. Taste and make any flavor adjustments if necessary, to taste.
- If making as an alcoholic punch, add all the alcohols, stir, taste and make any flavor adjustments if necessary, to taste. If adding alcohol, the recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate. Always drink responsibly. Serve immediately over ice.
Big thanks to www.averiecooks.com for this recipe!