3 Reasons You Need Renter’s Insurance
1. It Helps Protect You AND Your Stuff
Renter’s Insurance works pretty much the same way Homeowner’s Insurance does, except it’s tailored to renter’s. Most people think that the Landlord Insurance covers their stuff too, but it doesn’t. It’s to cover them and their stuff, not yours. That’s why it’s so important to get your own Insurance! Renter’s Insurance will cover many things like:
- Personal possessions – coverage for your clothes, furniture, electronics…that kind of stuff (up to your coverage limit).
- Personal liability – coverage if you’re ever legally responsible for an injury or property damage, like if you drop some water and a guest slips and sues.
- Medical payments – coverage for medical expenses if someone (other than a resident) gets hurt in an accident at your place.
- Additional Living Expenses – coverage for extra temporary living expenses if your place is damaged and becomes uninhabitable.
2. It Fills Coverage Gaps
Did you know Renter’s Insurance can also fill gaps left by your other policies, like your Auto Insurance? Let’s say, for instance, that you leave your laptop in your car one night after work. At some point, a criminal walks by and thinks “Man, I could really use a new laptop.” You come out the next day to a broken window and a laptop-less car. Thankfully you have Auto Insurance right…so you’re covered! While the window might be covered, most Auto policies don’t cover personal items left inside. But Renter’s does! In this case, your Renter’s Insurance could help replace your stolen laptop.
3. It’s Super Affordable
If you needed another reason to consider Renter’s…here it is. It’s incredibly cheap! Much cheaper than other coverage types, and usually only a couple of cents a day (yes, we said “cents”). And if you bundle more than one Insurance policy together you can save more money on our already competitive rates! That means you can spend more money on beach trips and less protecting your stuff!
If you really want to see just how affordable it could be, get a Renter’s Insurance Quote now.
Fires, theft, weather damage…these things happen, and they’re just as likely in a rented apartment as they are in a house. To protect themselves, Homeowner’s get Homeowner’s Insurance. So if you rent, consider Renter’s Insurance. It’s a good precaution in a risky universe.
South Carolina get affordable Insurance today! Don’t wait until its too late!